Tuesday, February 2, 2010

happy 1 month anniversary to me and Louisville!

Today is my one month anniversary of living in Louisville.  I feel so at home here, it’s hard to believe it’s only been a month!  My life here is everything I wanted it to be.  I try to have very little expectations in life because I’ve come to find there is not point, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t fantasize about what my life here would be like.

By moving here I was taking a big gamble.  I quit a great job, left a school that I loved, moved out of an apartment that had very fair and understanding landlords, and left my family and friends behind.  I drove down here with almost no money and no job.  Someone asked me the other day if I was scared when I moved given the aforementioned circumstances.  The answer is no.  I knew that moving down here was the right choice and I also knew that God would provide for me.  And He did.  I never worry and I will continue to live my life that way.

It’s weird how all the sudden you wake up one morning and realize you are an adult.  Where did the time go?  Here I am living alone, working, going to school, paying all my bills and in a brand new city!  It’s amazing how life changes and evolves.  I can’t wait to see what's around the next bend because I know no matter what it will be challenging, exciting and will force me (one way or another) to grow.

So if you think you think you're not big enough or strong enough or smart enough or old enough or good enough, you're wrong.

with love,
amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

search my blog